What We're Doing
Our goal is to improve the overall passenger experience from the moment of arrival, whether you’re taking off or landing here.
- 12,000 square feet of new first-floor space for passenger check-in, an improved screening checkpoint, and a new concourse area, complete with concession space
- 12,000 square feet of new lower-level space for baggage handling and airline operations
- A new escalator
- A second passenger boarding bridge
- Sustainable building initiatives
- A new fieldstone fireplace
- Two passenger screening lanes
Terminal Expansion & Runway Project Update (5/11/20)
Portsmouth International Airport’s new passenger terminal expansion and runway reconstruction projects are well underway. The airport terminal project is finalizing foundation and steel work for the 12,000 sf building addition. The first phase of the runway reconstruction project is underway reducing the existing runway to 6800 ft. Upon completion of the four construction phases the runway will be restored to its 11,000 ft. capacity, allowing PSM to maintain extreme heavy lift capability.