Jobs at Pease
Summer Internships- Portsmouth International Airport (PSM)
Portsmouth International Airport is seeking an intern for our summer program. This role works with Airport Operations staff to assist in maintaining the safety and security of the airport in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and Transportation Security Regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Conducting daily inspections of the airport and ensuring deficiencies are addressed; ensuring operational safety and security is met at all times
– Completing various airport administrative tasks as assigned
– Assisting with coordination of Airport Operations during periods of construction activity and aircraft emergencies
– Coordinating the operation of the airport computerized access control system
– Performing other duties as assigned
Interns will gain valuable experience in the following areas:
– Emergency response coordination
– Government,tenant, and public relations
– Airfield/ramp inspections, maintenance and construction procedures
– Airport land use and master planning
– Noise abatement practices
– An understanding of the internal workings of a GA airport
Interns will also have the opportunity to make many valuable contacts in the aviation industry.
Education and/or Experience:
Currently enrolled in an Aviation, Business, or related degree program. Interns must maintain a current driver’s license and be authorized to work in the United States.
– Must meet the requirements of TSR1542 for a criminal history and/or background check and security identification display area training (SIDA)
– Must successfully complete all requisite training to maintain airfield driving privileges for the entire Airport Operations Area (AOA)
– Basic understanding of FAR Parts 77 and 139, and TSR 1542
– Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
– Must have ability to work shift work and be on call when required
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
To apply, please call 603-334-6015, or send your resume to:
Pease Development Authority – HR Dept.
55 International Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801