Jobs at Pease
Duration: Full Time
Pease Development Authority (PDA), a New Hampshire State Agency established pursuant to NH RSA 12-G, with operational authority for two airports, a deep-water port, golf course, and business park located in Portsmouth, NH, is seeking a Senior Accountant.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and journal entries
- Analyzing revenues, commissions, and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately; providing data and reporting to management team
- Preparation of monthly vendor billings inclusive of ground and building leases, rights of entry, and related utility allocations
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting on financial information, highlighting trends, reporting on variations, and making recommendations
- Reviewing and monitoring capital expenditures versus budget, including seeking reimbursement from federal and/or other government agencies
- Developing monthly account reconciliation worksheets to support independent review of independent, third-party auditors
- Reporting directly to the Director of Finance regarding PDA financial matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field, master’s degree in similar discipline preferred and a minimum of 5-8 years of directly related experience involving the administration of general accounting and financial reporting, payroll and business management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Airport Operations is preferred.
- Proven working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel
- Experience with Microsoft applications, Great Plains accounting software, and property management applications
- Must be highly detailed with demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Certificates and/or Licenses
CPA designation required in the State of New Hampshire
The starting salary for this position is 70,000-94,000 annually. PDA offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, life and disability coverage, paid leave, and enrollment in the NH Retirement System.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Pease Development Authority, Human Resources
55 International Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Attn: Tanya Coppeta