Jobs at Pease
Seasonal Airport Snow Removal Operator
Duration: Full Time
Seasonal Airport Snow Removal Operator (SASRO): Pease Development Authority/Portsmouth International Airport
This is skilled work operating special-purpose snow-removal equipment for airfield snow and ice removal.
These seasonal positions are active from December 1 to March (The end of season depends upon weather).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment, light vehicles, and specialized equipment to remove snow and ice from the airport pavements
- Perform vehicle inspections and minor maintenance on equipment such as replacing blades, shoes, hitches, etc.
- Remove debris from airport pavements
- During periods when snow removal operations are not required, other duties in pavements and equipment operations will be required.
- Experience operating airport-specific heavy equipment
- Skill in preventing damage to airport pavements, systems, equipment, and facilities during snow removal operations
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Diligence in following established safety procedures and correcting safety discrepancies in potentially hazardous work environments
- Experience communicating via two-way radios
Candidates must have an HS Diploma or GED, and be able to satisfactorily undergo a background investigation.
- Valid driver’s license from the current state of residence
- Commercial Driver’s License
To apply, please call Fran Frank 766-9243.
Pay: $18.00 per hour