Jobs at Pease
Airport Snow Removal Operator (SASRO), Portsmouth
Skilled work operating special purpose snow removal equipment for airfield snow and ice removal. . Operates heavy equipment and power tools; performs snowplowing, de-icing runways, and salting tasks for parking lots, roadways and emergency access routes.
December 1 to March (end of season depends on weather). 40 hours per week, mandatory overtime when weather requires. Temporary positions are on an as needed basis, including weekdays, nights and weekends, especially during weather emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This individual will operate a variety of heavy equipment, light vehicles, and specialized equipment to remove snow and ice from the airport pavements
- Performs vehicle inspections and minor maintenance on equipment such as replacing blades, shoes, hitches, etc.
- Removes debris from airport pavements.
- During periods when snow removal operations are not required, incumbent will be utilized for other duties normally performed in pavements and equipment operations.
- This individual should be highly experienced at operating airport specific heavy equipment,
- skilled at preventing damage to airport pavements, systems, equipment, and facilities during snow removal operations,
- Adept at understanding and following oral and written instructions,
- Diligent in following established safety procedures and correcting safety discrepancies in a potentially hazardous work environments and
- Experienced in communicating via two-way radios.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to satisfactorily undergo a background investigation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license from the current state of residence.
- Must have Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 10 days of employment start date.
Compensation: $17.50 per hour
To apply, please call Robin Page at 766-9243.