what sets new
New Hampshire leaders have a history of fighting taxes and controlling state government spending. These longtime efforts are evidenced in New Hampshire’s tax policy, resulting in one of the lowest tax burdens in the nation.
- No broad-base personal income tax
- No personal property or machinery tax
- No sales or use taxes
- No inventory tax
- No capital gains tax
- No professional service tax
- No customs or software tax
- No Internet tax
Businesses moving to New Hampshire enjoy low taxes in lieu of subsidies, exemptions or other cash allowances that are generally short lived in competing states.
In addition to being a low-tax state, New Hampshire provides access to a skilled workforce, with a positive net-immigration of domestic workers, most having a Bachelor of Arts degree or higher. New Hampshire also boasts a unique quality of life.
- Excellent school systems around the state
- Quality healthcare
- Historic sites and cultural activities
- Highway access across the state
- Accessible airports
- Lower cost of living than surrounding states