NH Financial Incentives
In addition to low taxes, the State of New Hampshire provides financial incentives to assist businesses in relocating to or expanding in the state - all tailored to the size of individual projects, ranging from two employees to 2,000 employees. These incentives include:
- Loan and Guarantees Capital Access Program, Working Capital Line of Credit Guarantee, Guarantee Asset Program.
- Tax Exempt Financing Industrial Revenue bonds, applicable to manufactures and used for construction or renovations of buildings, including land costs and capital equipment purchases, with interest rates as low as 70% of prime, amortized up to twenty years ($1.5 million min.)
- Import/Export Loans Foreign Buyer Credit, Export-Import bank of the United States and other sources.
- Low Interest Loans Community Development Block Grant funding can provide loans for infrastructure and related needs. There is also a new program with Citizens Bank offering a 3.5% interest rates, based o the number of new jobs creative for loans between $250,000 and $10 million.
- Customized Employee Training for new and incumbent workers. This is a program through the NH Community Technical College. It is a 50/50 cash match with the state up to $15,000 for each company.
- Tax Credits The state offers a program called CROP Zones, which is a short term tax credit against the business profit tax.
- Job Grants For those companies locating in Sullivan and Coos counties, the state offers cash grants for hiring above the minimum wage, ranging from $1000 to $20,000 for each new position.
- Lease with option to purchase Some Regions offer a lease with an option to purchase using state and federal grants and loans.